The holiday season is upon us, which means Bentleyville is opening soon! Bentleyville Tour of Lights is known as America’s largest FREE walk-through lighting display. Guests can leisurely stroll under the glow of over 4 MILLION Christmas lights at Bayfront Festival Park, situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior. Guests can also enjoy complimentary hot cocoa, cookies, popcorn and roasted marshmallows, as well as warming up at one of the many fire pits!
Get your photo taken with Rudolph, visit with Santa and tell him about your year and something special you are asking for this year, and even get to have a little chat with Mrs. Claus. Kids under 10 receive a free Bentleyville hat when visiting with Santa!
For those looking to visit Bentleyville on opening night, make sure to arrive early so you can watch Santa make his famous arrival by skydiving into Bentleyville at 4:30 pm. If you want to wait for closing night to visit, there will be fireworks at 6:30 pm!
Whether you’re a Duluth native or visiting for the weekend, Bentleyville now has a new feature this year to help give the best experience at Bentleyville! The Crowd-O-Meter is a helpful calendar to help assist you while you plan your visit. The Crowd-O-Meter shows how busy each day of the month is and what days to avoid if you want to optimize your experience at the tour of lights.
For Bentleyville first-timers, here are a couple of tips:
- Arrive Early- The park opens at 5 pm, so if you want to ensure you get a spot, arrive around 4:45 pm so you are the first to get in line for Santa and you get to experience the park before the big crowds get there
- Go to Santa first- To make sure you get a chance to talk with Santa, make sure that is the first thing you do when arriving at the park. That way you get your chat with Santa and still have time to enjoy all the other parts of Bentleyville. Remember: ONLY kids under 10 will get a free 2017 knit Bentleyville hat
- More layers are better than none- Granted there are multiple gifts shops to stop at during your time at Bentleyville to get winter apparel if you get cold, but it’s better to come prepared for the elements then be chilly during your time at the park. The park is on the shore of Lake Superior, so it can get very windy and cold
- Visitors with Disabilities- For guests that require handicap accessible trails, they are encouraged to visit during the week so they are able to experience the park with fewer people. If your child is in a wheelchair and is wanting to see Santa, make sure to tell a staff member so they can make that happen.
- No Pets- All pets must be left at home or with a babysitter
- Bentleyville is FREE and open to the public, however, guests are encouraged to bring nonperishable food or an unwrapped gift for the toy drive
- Strollers- There are free strollers to use close to the entrance of the park but they are on a first come first serve basis, so if you are in need of a Bentleyville stroller make sure to arrive early or bring one from home
Hours & Dates:
November 18th – December 26th, 2017
Sunday – Thursday 5 pm-9 pm
Friday & Saturday 5 pm- 10 pm