With the holiday season in full swing, it’s a good idea to have a wide range of holiday stores in your back pocket for those tricky people you have to give a gift to. Canal Park is FULL of great places to shop for everyone on your list, plus you can get a bite to eat while you’re down there! Here are our top holiday shopping stores
- Canal Park Apparel– No matter who is left on your list, Canal Park Apparel is sure to be a huge hit! From long sleeves to keychains, we have it all!
- Waters of Superior– The store offers a unique shopping experience, a chance to browse and respond to the inner desire to give the finest gift or to acquire a personal treasure to cherish in the home or office.The hand-selected regional crafts carried in the store are always changing but they always embody the lifestyles and preference of the people that are drawn to the shores of Lake Superior. Their items are always naturally modern and timelessly elegant.
- Minnesota Gifts by Sandra Dee– Our products and services include: T-shirts and Sweatshirts, 3 Piece Beach Wear sets, Mugs & Shot Glasses, Souvenirs, Magnets, Afghan Blankets, Jewelry, Art by local artist Dena Rothman.
- Blue Heron Trading Co– This locally owned shop is well known for its unique selection of housewares and gourmet kitchen tools. You’ll find top brands like Le Creuset, Tag, and Stonewall, as well as carefully chosen local and imported specialty foods, colorful home decor accessories, and a full assortment of kitchen gadgets to outfit any kitchen.
- Two & CO– Two and Company is the best-kept secret for eclectic and urban gifts, chic attire, and avant-garde clothing in Duluth, MN. We have unique clothing for the very cutest and best-dressed babies in town.
- J Skylark Co– J. Skylark has been Duluth’s locally owned toy store for 20+ playful years. Everyone will get a kick out of our large selection of games, gifts, kites, Cards, dice, rubber stamps, puzzles, books, and toys. Put a little fun in your day or share a bit with someone you care about.
- Art Dock– Art Dock features work of the Northland and Lake Superior including a fine selection of pottery, jewelry, photographs, prints, paintings, fiber, stained glass, cards, wood crafts, CD’s by local musicians, framing service and much more!
- Spirit Bay Trading Co– Native American craft supplies, or a unique gift for someone special? Spirit Bay Trading Company is in Duluth, MN’s premier Native American arts and crafts supplier with new shipments of art, crafts, beads, moccasins, Lake Superior agates, and unique designs from local artists arriving daily.
- Dewitt-Seitz Marketplace– This Duluth landmark began as a warehouse and manufacturing site in 1909. The 1985 renovation created the DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace, a multi-use building with a collection of retail shops, restaurants, conference rooms, offices and other small businesses.
- Father Time Antiques– Explore over 10,000 square feet of antiques from over 50 vendors in one location. Find treasure and pieces to grow your unique collection at Father Time Antiques. Signs, clothing, toys, bar signs, fishing gear, home decor, dishes, and furniture are just a sampling of the items you’ll find in the store.
- Duluth Pack– Duluth Pack offers a variety of leather and canvas luggage, backpacks, messenger bags, camping and outdoor gear, and much more; all made in the USA
- Siiviis-Siverston Gallery– Siiviis is a destination for art on the North Shore of Lake Superior; exhibiting the work of over 60 regional artists in addition to Canadian Inuit and Alaskan native art and Canadian First Nation. Exhibiting artwork & exquisite jewelry, including Trollbeads, that reflect the character of Lake Superior. Depicting the lake’s beauty and depth, its surrounding environment and its history and people- this is siiviis ambition.
- Global Village– Visit Global Village to shop for unique global products. Modern and traditional ethnic clothing and accessories. Fine and fair trade jewelry- unique postcards and cards. Medical and aromatic incense- fragrance oils. Tribal and Cabaret Bellydancer gear- Inda Print Tapestries. Musical Instruments- Antiques and African Masks. Rice paper lanterns, screens, and lamps. Tools for meditation and sacred statuary music. Unique children’s books, toys, trinkets. Handcrafted local artist items.
Those are just some of the many places to shop in Canal Park. You can easily make an entire day of shopping down in Canal Park while enjoying all the other activities there is to do down there. For those of you that are looking for a bite to eat after a long day of shopping, make sure to check out all the local restaurants and bars down in the Canal Park Area. If one day isn’t enough, you can easily make it a weekend getaway by staying at one of the many hotels in Canal, checking out the famous Bentleyville Tour of Lights, watching a UMD Bulldogs hockey game, catching a movie at the newly renovated Marcus Cinema or having some fun at Adventure Zone!
No matter where your time in Canal Park takes you, we hope you have a warm holiday season and sincerely enjoy your time here!